Bistro-Café in Manhattan
The mural is 17 feet wide and 8 feet high. Translation of the caption at base of mural: “Delivery of the first bergamot from Calabria, passing by Place Stanislas in Nancy, April first of year 1850”. Eight horses pull a carriage with two conductors and twelve pâtissières. The last of the twelve pastry chefs holds between her fingers the first bergamot candy, invented by Nancy confectioners in 1850 from the bergamot fruit imported from Calabria. A big mural for a small candy!